Statement of Faith
- We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of man and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the true God and true Man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin, Mary. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven where, at the right hand of the Majesty on high, He is now our High Priest and Advocate (John 1:1; Luke 1:35; I Corinthians 15:3-4).
- We believe in the personal, bodily, pre-millennial, and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 1:11; I Thessalonians 4:13-18).
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and during this age to convict men of sin, regenerate the believing sinner, and indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service (Acts 1:8; John 16:13; Titus 3:5).
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and that only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained (Genesis 1:27; Romans 3:23; 5:12; John 3:5).
- We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection proved the only ground for salvation and justification, and that only such as believe and receive Jesus Christ by faith are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God (John 3:3, 1:12, 3:16).
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, and of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment (Revelation 20:12-15; John 5:28-29).
- We believe that the invisible church is composed of all who, through saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the mystical body of Christ, of which He is the Head (John 17:22; Ephesians 1:22-23; 5:30).
- We believe that water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by the church during the present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as a means of salvation (Matthew 28:19; I Corinthians 11:23-26). We believe that immersion is the scriptural mode of baptism.
- We believe that Satan is a created being; that he is the unholy god of this age, head of all powers of darkness, author of sin; and that he is destined to eternal punishment in the lake of fire (Matthew 4:1-11; 2 Corinthians 4:4; Hebrews 2:14; Revelation 20:10).
MBC Disciple Making Pathway
At MBC our goal is to connect people with Christ. Everything that our ministry teams do is aimed toward helping people grow in and through the process of Connecting, Growing, Serving, and Sharing.We view all four of these elements as essential to the Christian life.